Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Cape Stamps and Letterbox Trading Card Series







Sometimes you just need to get down to business and today was that day.   This series of four Tradition stamps that I have named The Cape (Red, Wolf, Huntsman and Basket) is set to mail to FORAYCH in Oregon.  Jeff is working on a summer project for his students and has asked for carvings/stamps for his students to find.  Although this is not a traditional planting it is an opportunity to share a hobby he loves with youth that he works with.  Historically Jeff has always carved the stamps that his students find but this time he is mixing it up a little and asked for donations.  

I didn't want to let these stamps go without creating some Letterbox Trading Cards (LTC's) first.  I used  Once Upon a Time cardstock and ribbon and did simple embossing and coloring with my Copic Markers.  I added a small brad to each and they are ready to roll.  I made 12 of each LTC and just listed them on Atlas Quest.  Whew!  That was a lot of work.

Next up I need to make pouches for the stamps and logbooks and then they will be set to mail.  I am hoping that Jeff will either plant these himself permanently after the kids find them (although not part of his original plan) or gift them to another Letterboxer to plant.  I would love for them to be planted in a forest type setting somewhere as Little Red Riding Hood always feels like it should be in a forest to me.  At one point I had even envisioned creating a video set of clues for this series in costume but now I am just happy to set them free to be found and hopefully enjoyed by the Letterboxing community.


1 comment:

  1. Great job on your carves! I know this is an old post and not sure if you’re even getting comments anymore, but I’d love to know how you did the detail on your carves?! I’ve been carving for years and took a break. Now I’m back into it and can’t get near the details you have here. I’m on atlas quest if you want to connect to share any of your tips! The Balcom Clan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails