Sunday, September 13, 2015

Art in the Park 2015 With My Friend Kelly











My date for Art in the Park 2015 was my great friend Kelly Reed.  For those who are not familiar with Art in the Park in Boise, Idaho it is hosted by the Boise Art Museum every September and features live entertainment, food vendors, children's hands on activities and well over 200 artist booths.

It was a very warm day at the park at almost 90 degrees but we managed to walk the entire event.  We did treat ourselves to a sit down lunch at Grind Modern Burger (formerly the location of Table Rock Brew Pub).  It was the perfect break half way through our tour of artist tents at the park.  Their burgers are very tasty and they have interesting sides like Sweet Potato Tots, Onion Petals and Pickle Fries.  We both agreed that the Sweet Potato Tots were out of this world delicious.    

Grind Modern Burger:  http://www.grindmodernburger.com/ 

I was excited to pick up a new print from Imps and Monsters by Justin Hillgrove.  I love his unique twist on the classics and the Steampunk feel that they have.  I follow his blog with e-mail updates and was looking forward to him participating at Art in the Park again this year.  His booth is always swamped with people but I managed to nab the "Were All Mad Here - Steampunk Alice in Wonderland" print.  His parody and tribute paintings are my favorite and you can purchase them on-line.  This will now provide me with three prints for my office wall at work once I get them framed.

Imps and Monsters:  http://www.impsandmonsters.com/product-category/tributesandparodies/

Another fun stop was the Earth Art International Booth from Edmonds, Washington featuring designs by Sue Coccia.  Her "Animal Spirit" drawings are done in pen and ink.  The animal images or totems are of animals from around the world.  She hides a lady bug in every image to represent good luck, happiness and prosperity.  Kelly and I both purchased a selection of brightly colored note cards to keep on hand.  Since Kelly and I both create cards it's a shame to purchase cards but neither of us has time to keep a large stash on hand so having a few all occasion cards purchased and in the drawer at home is very helpful and often a necessity.





Earth Art International:  http://www.earthartinternational.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails