Monday, December 1, 2014

Festival of Trees 2014

















Today I attended the Saint Alphonsus Festival of Trees 2014 Fashion Show & Luncheon with a group from work.  This was the 31st year of the Festival of Trees.  Traditionally I would visit with my family during the Thanksgiving weekend but as the boys have grown up they have lost interest in attending so now I really look forward to going with a great bunch of gals from work.

In addition to STARS/RMA sponsoring a table we also have a sponsored tree each year to help support Saint Alphonsus.  This year Tiffany and Diann decorated a tree using the Children's book The Mitten by Jan Brett.  It really turned out adorable with all the characters and the little mittens on the tree.  I don't want to brag but the book has always been a favorite and they did such an amazing job bringing it to life.  Great concept and execution! 

I keep thinking that I will carve a special stamp for this event and have it out only during the festival and then it rolls around each year and I totally forget to get one carved until I am down there enjoying the splendor.  Who knows maybe I will remember next year.

There was also this really cute North Pole Faery House on display with the smaller trees and the entire time I kept thinking that the other Kelly (Pixie Dust Gal) could have totally rocked it as she made our amazing faery gardens for our Faery themed event two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails