Saturday, August 2, 2014

Guilty Pleasures While Camping






Camping affords me many guilty pleasures without all the distractions that I normally face during the week.  At home I have many chores, errands and duties that distract me from slowing down and savoring the moment.  But when we camp I am able to leave all of those behind.

Some of my favorite guilty pleasures at camp are naps with the dogs after hiking (everything I have learned about napping Raisin and Jay have taught me), sharing specialty marshmallows with Tony Dally over our evening camp fire (S'Mores and Chocolate Indulgence flavors from 240Sweet), reading magazines, starting a new novel (currently reading Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo), taking a dip in the creek (very chilly but refreshing), carving a Steampunk themed stamp and just unwinding. If only we all had time to focus on our guilty pleasure more often.  None of my guilty pleasures are expensive or unique but they are so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails