Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tarot LTC - The Moon




I signed up for a Tarot LTC exchange and carved The Moon as my image.  I am no Tarot expert but I really liked this image and found a little information about the Moon Tarot card on the web:

The Moon (XVIII) is the eighteenth trump or Major Arcana card in most traditional Tarot decks. It is used in game playing as well as in divination. According to Waite's The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, the card represents life of the imagination apart from life of the spirit. The wolf is the fears of the natural mind in the presence of that place of exit, when there is only reflected light to guide it.

Since the image is so busy I didn't want to overpower it with too much color.  I decided to stamp and emboss the image and then give the appearance of their being a blood moon (Hunter's moon or Blood moon, the first full moon after the Harvest Moon).  I kept the coloring minimal and found a background paper to compliment the red.  Sometimes I think simplicity is the right path to take.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails